Corporate & Securities
Our corporate attorneys have extensive experience and expertise handling a wide range of transactional and compliance matters for both public companies and privately held businesses operating in numerous industries.
By devoting day-to-day attention to the immediate needs of our clients, our attorneys develop a deep understanding and appreciation of their businesses and operations. This enables us to work alongside our clients to meet their legal needs in a pragmatic, cost-effective manner compared to many other leading firms. Our hands-on approach to advising our clients results in more client-oriented outcomes and satisfying client experiences.
We are recognized by our peers as among the very best firms in our practice areas. TroyGould received the highest Tier 1 ranking among Los Angeles law firms by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® for 2018 in the following key practice areas:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Securities/Capital Markets
- Securities Regulation
For a law firm to be eligible for a ranking in a practice area, it must have at least one lawyer who is included in Best Lawyers in America®, which recognizes the top 4% of practicing attorneys in the United States. Five of our corporate attorneys were named in the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America and one was named a “Rising Star.”
- First ICO Registration Statement Filed with the SEC Raises More Questions Than Answers
- September 2017: Get Ready for the SEC’s New Pay Ratio Disclosures
- September 2017 Impending Partnership Tax Audit Changes Necessitate Amendments to Partnership and LLC Agreements
- February 2017: Rethinking Delaware Forum Bylaws In Light of Disclosure-Only Settlements
- December 2015: SEC Proposes to Modernize Rule 147 Intrastate Offering Exemption
- November 2015: SEC Adopts Rules to Permit Crowdfunding; Proposes Amendments to Existing Rules to Facilitate Capital Raising by Smaller Companies
- August 2015: SEC Solicits Comment on Possible Revisions to Audit Committee Disclosures
- May 2014: Recent Delaware Decisions
- January 2014: Small Public Offerings – New Regulation A+ Rules Issued by SEC
- July 2013: SEC Lifts Ban on General Solicitation for Rule 506 Offerings
- May 2013: Supreme Court Limits Amount of Time SEC Has to File Civil Fraud Suits
- January 2013: California Labor Code and Employee Commission Agreements
- Drafting Considerations under RULLCA
- April 2014: Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, 3rd Ed.
- April 2013: Think Before You Tweet-Securities Law Considerations and Best Practices When Communicating Through Social Media
- TroyGould Advises Haitong International in its $190 Million Acquisition of Obagi Skincare Products Business