Ekong I. Udoekwere
Mr. Udoekwere’s practice incorporates a diverse mix of corporate matters with primary emphasis in mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, venture capital financing, and public and private securities offerings. His practice spans across a variety of industries including entertainment, digital media, consumer products and technology. Mr. Udoekwere advises businesses in all stages of development, from inception through outside financings and ultimately exit events. Whether evaluating a potential sale or acquisition or contemplating a strategic business transaction, Mr. Udoekwere represents clients as they undergo key business changes. In addition, he advises directors, managers and equity holders on corporate governance and other business issues that arise under Delaware, California and New York corporation and LLC laws.
- Sale of private beer brewing equipment company in connection with $36 million auction-style sale of its business.
- Sale of biopharmaceutical company in its sale to strategic acquirer for $75 million.
- Representation of online media and music business in connection with $25 million Series A preferred stock financing.
- Representation of e-commerce business in connection with $20 million Series B preferred stock financing.
- Counsel to printing and lithograph business in connection with capital raise of up to $15 million in private placement offering to accredited investors.
- Formation and $25 million private financing of joint venture to operate music and arts festival in Cayman Islands.
- Author, “Bridging the (Working Capital) Gap,” Business Law News, State Bar of California, Issue 3, 2009
- Author, “California’s Revised LLC Statute . . .” Client Advisory, January 2014