Our trial lawyers have been winning cases for companies and people engaged in business for over forty years. Our success comes from having seasoned lawyers who listen to their clients, apply creative and case-specific strategies to cases, and have the experience to know what matters most.
Our lawyers are passionate about putting our clients’ needs first and solving problems. We take pride in providing true value for every client in every case.
The depth and breadth of our experience allows us to take on large and complex cases across the broad spectrum of business disputes. We litigate in federal and state trial and appellate courts and in private arbitration forums. We prepare every case to go to trial, knowing that favorable settlements depend on being trial-ready.
We litigate all manner of cases involving business, including the specialized areas identified in the tabs on this page. For a more detailed description of our expertise in those areas, click the applicable tabs.
- Defended leading provider of subscription-based streaming videos against national class actions claiming violation of disability anti-discrimination under ADA and state discrimination statutes relating to Internet-based closed captioning practices.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed commercial pharmaceutical company in parallel internal and SEC investigations into alleged stock price manipulation.
- Represented a live entertainment company in a jury trial in an action by a former officer who sued the company and its chief executive officer for breach of an employment contract.
- Represented a German investment group in connection with a $50 million investment in four motion pictures.
- Represented lender and associated employees and entities against HELOC borrower’s claims in Los Angeles Superior Court for fraud, conspiracy, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and injunctive and declaratory relief.
- Representation of media personality Tony Robbins in declaratory relief and bad faith action against media liability insurer obligated to provide defense in connection with third party fraud and RICO action.
- Tried to judgment claim on behalf of subrogee of Fidelity National Title Insurance Company resulting in $1 million non-dischargeable judgment arising out of forgeries of promissory note and trust deed.
- Presented to and advised chief privacy officer and privacy counsel for national broadcaster and affiliates regarding compliance issues and notice requirements for websites and online videos under Video Privacy Protection Act and state equivalents.
- Defended publicly-held live-entertainment company in shareholder action alleging California Corporations Code and securities fraud, breach of fiduciary duty regarding obligations to remove restrictive legends, and failure to provide shareholder dissenters’ rights in a reverse merger.
- Represented an information technology services company in an SEC investigation regarding purported violations of the registration and anti-fraud provision of the federal securities laws.
- Defended securities brokers in arbitration by customers alleging securities fraud in connection with the sale of auction rate securities.
- Represented leading provider of subscription-based streaming videos, defense of national class actions claiming violation of disability anti-discrimination under ADA and state discrimination statutes relating to Internet-based closed captioning practices.
- Represented high-tech manufacturing company in trade secret case brought against former engineer accused of misappropriating blueprints and other proprietary information and designs.