Our litigators handle a wide range of issues, problems and disputes involving businesses and their employees. We counsel businesses and senior executives on every aspect of the employment relationship, including compliance with federal and state employment laws, the protection of trade secrets, non-compete provisions, severance agreements, and the pre-dispute resolution of potential employment problems.
In the litigation arena, whether federal court, state court or arbitration, we handle all manner of employment cases, including those involving wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, whistle blower, retaliation, wage and hour, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Represented a live entertainment company in a jury trial in an action by a former officer who sued the company and its chief executive officer for breach of an employment contract.
- Represented a chain of restaurants and its managers and employees in a jury trial in which former employees alleged sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation.
- Represented an entertainment company in action alleging pregnancy discrimination.
- Represented a start-up manufacturing company and its management employees in two separate two-month jury trials in an action alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, interference with prospective business advantage and other business torts arising out of the management employees’ former employment with and departure from a rival manufacturing company.
- Represented a national security guard company and management employee in a one-week jury trial in defense of wrongful termination and sexual harassment claims brought by a terminated security officer.
- Represented a technology company in a week-long jury trial defending against claims by a discharged senior executive of breach of contract and fraud.
- Represented an internet company in an arbitration brought by a former employee alleging wrongful termination and discrimination based on race and gender.
- Represented a recycling company and its management who were sued for wrongful termination by a former line manager who claimed that he was fired for lack of productivity after suffering a back injury on the job.
- Represented a marketing company in defense of an employment discrimination claim based on alleged sexual harassment and hostile work environment.
- Represented a live entertainment company sued for wrongful termination by a salesperson who was not meeting sales goals but claimed that he was terminated because of his age and being a member of the Jewish faith.
- Represented a European high-end microphone manufacturer in a lawsuit against a former executive and company co-founder who had misappropriated trade secret microphone designs and opened a competing business in California.
- Represented a genetically-enhanced vegetable breeding company in a trade secrets claim brought by a competitor arising from the company’s hiring of the competitor’s lead biologist.
- Represented a military defense contractor in a state court lawsuit brought by a former employee-engineer who sought to obtain the contractual rights to patents and trade secrets that belonged to the company.
- Represented a post-production film company in a lawsuit by a former employee who alleged a breach of his separation agreement based on allegedly libelous statements made about him on the internet, which were traced back to a company employee’s workstation.
- Represented a mixed martial arts management company against claims made by a medically depressed former in-house lawyer who claimed the company breached his employment agreement by not renewing his term agreement.
- Represented 23 basic science professors in prosecution of action against a major university for breach of employment contracts and age discrimination affecting tenure, compensation and academic freedom.
- Represented a motion picture production company in a lawsuit by the former CEO who sued the company for fraudulent inducement in having left his previous position and constructive discharge from his new position.
- Represented an entertainment industry company in defense of an action alleging employment discrimination on the basis of pregnancy.
- Represented a mobile phone company against claims made by a former employee for failure to pay overtime wages.
- Represented a natural foods company in defense of employment discrimination claim alleging age discrimination in connection with company-wide layoffs.
- Represented an entertainment industry executive in an action to enforce his right to receive severance payments.
- Represented an agricultural company against claims by a former employee seeking overtime pay.
- Represented a media company in a sexual harassment lawsuit brought by a former employee.