Unfair Competition Litigation
The most valuable assets of a business are often intangible. The attorneys in our Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition Practice Group have extensive experience protecting their clients’ customer and employee lists, financial data, supplier networks, business methods, and other confidential information.
From helping design trade secret protection programs to trying complex unfair competition disputes, we have the expertise required to safeguard the proprietary business information, data and relationships that enable a business to succeed.
Representative matters we have handled include the following:
- Represented a high-tech manufacturing company in trade secret case brought against a former engineer accused of misappropriating blueprints and other proprietary information and designs.
- Represented a technology development company in prosecution of trademark actions against importers of unlicensed products.
- Represented the seller of a business accused of violating a non-competition agreement with the purchaser.
- Represented a manufacturing company, its executives and employees in opposing claims of trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duty, brought by former employer.
- Represented securities brokers accused of improperly using client lists of the brokerage they left.
- Represented investors in vegetable breeding program against trade secret claims brought by key employee’s former employer.
- Represented a jewelry manufacturer in claims that its designs improperly copied those of a competitor.
- Represented a start-up manufacturing company and its management employees in defense of an action for misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, interference with prospective business advantage and other business torts arising out of the management employees’ former employment with and departure from a rival manufacturing company.
- Represented a major designer label in trademark infringement and unfair competition action against a Los Angeles leather goods manufacturer.
- Represented an entertainment company in a Copyright Act dispute with a competitor.
- Represented companies in hundreds of actions alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition Statute, Business and Professions Code section 17200.