David J. Wohlberg
Mr. Wohlberg is a member of TroyGould’s Corporate Department. His practice focuses primarily on the areas of life sciences, high technology, digital media and entertainment, and real estate.
Representative clients include start-up companies, mid-market investment banks, and real estate syndicators.
For many years Mr. Wohlberg was a member of the firm’s Litigation Department, so in addition to his corporate finance experience his areas of expertise include risk management and litigation counseling.
Mr. Wohlberg is also a co-founder of several start-ups, and co-manager of a fund that invests in emerging Israeli companies. He often serves as a director of or consultant to young growth companies and was president of a NASDAQ-listed biotechnology start-up.
Mr. Wohlberg is rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell and was named a Southern California Super Lawyer in 2005 and 2006.
- Represented investment bank in financing biotechnology start-up.
- Represented several biotechnology start-ups from in-licensing of their technology and initial private financings, through reverse merger and subsequent PIPE offerings.
- Represented the owner of a 157 acre undeveloped parcel of land in Beverly Hills through horizontal development and a complex litigation and work-out process.
- Represented a digital social media advertising company from creation through several financing rounds.
- Represented three publicly traded real estate partnerships from creation to liquidation.
- Represented several privately held, tax-advantaged, Section 8 real estate syndication.
- Represented a family-owned tool distribution company in its sale to a national competitor.
- Author, “Suing the Police in Federal Court” 88 Yale Law Journal 781 (1979).