Darren T. Freedman
Darren Freedman is a Partner and Chair of the Corporate Department. Darren is a corporate attorney whose practice focuses on providing corporate and securities counsel to start-up and middle-market companies, executive officers and investors.
He represents clients in all stages of development, including strategic entity formation, private and public equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures and partnership disputes. Darren also represents real estate owners, developers and borrowers.
He joined the firm in 2008, is a member of the firm’s Management Committee and is Co-Chair of its Recruiting Committee.
Mr. Freedman was named a Rising Star in 2015-2022 by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business. No more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in California are named to the list of “Rising Stars.
Mr. Freedman is conversant in Spanish.
- Represent high-growth startups in a wide range of venture capital transactions, ranging from seed stage convertible equity through preferred stock financings
- Represent venture capital funds in preferred stock financings of technology companies
- Represent gas sensing technology and data solutions start-up through successive rounds of preferred stock financings
- Represented software companies in master services, licensing, and software-as-a-service agreements
- Sale of substantially all assets of a post-production company
- Sale of technology consultancy to a strategic acquirer
- Sale of specialty coatings manufacturer by private equity fund
- Merger of company engaged in research, development, and commercialization of autologous cell-based therapeutics for use in regenerative medicine with a publicly traded medical device manufacturer
- Merger of oil and gas company
- Represent both buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and asset sales across various industries including technology, food and beverage, and professional services
- Serve as outside counsel to a variety of startup and middle market companies across various industries
- Serve as outside counsel to restaurants and celebrity chefs
- Advise various corporations and limited liability companies in a wide range of industries on corporate matters, including formation, employment, intellectual property, executive compensation, employee equity and option plans, financing, real estate leases, contracts with vendors, customers and other third parties
- Nasdaq-listed cancer vaccine company in registered spin-off of subsidiary company
- Underwritten public offering of shares of common stock of Nasdaq-listed companies pursuant to “shelf” registrations
- Follow-on offerings of securities for numerous NASDAQ-listed corporations
- Representation of publicly traded corporations in various SEC-registered employee stock offerings
- Private equity fund acquisition and sale of specialty coatings manufacturer
- Dividend recapitalization
- Numerous private financings under SEC Rule 506
- Purchase of industrial properties in Pomona, California
- Leases of restaurant space
- Ongoing advice to various public corporations regarding compliance issues arising under federal securities laws, including periodic reporting requirements of Securities Exchange Act of 1934, FINRA, and compliance with NASDAQ and NYSE requirements
- TroyGould Represents Sigma Labs in $5.8 Million Public Offering of Common Stock and Warrants; Uplisting to The NASDAQ Capital Market