Darren T. Freedman
Mr. Freedman’s practice focuses on providing corporate and securities counsel to emerging growth and middle-market companies, ranging from start-up to public companies, executive officers and investors. Mr. Freedman represents businesses in a wide range of industries, including technology, biopharmaceutical, medical devices, restaurant, real estate, apparel, entertainment, digital media and natural resources.
He represents clients in all stages of development, including strategic entity formation, public and private equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. Mr. Freedman also represents real estate owners, developers and borrowers.
He joined the firm in 2008 as an associate and became a member of the firm in 2015.
Mr. Freedman was named a Rising Star in 2015-2019 by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business.
Mr. Freedman is conversant in Spanish.
- Merger of company engaged in research, development, and commercialization of autologous cell-based therapeutics for use in regenerative medicine with a publicly traded medical device manufacturer
- Merger of public oil and gas company
- Nasdaq-listed cancer vaccine company in registered spin-off of subsidiary company
- Underwritten public offering of shares of common stock of Nasdaq-listed companies pursuant to “shelf” registrations
- Follow-on offerings of securities for numerous NASDAQ-listed corporations
- Representation of publicly traded corporations in various SEC-registered employee stock offerings
- Private equity fund acquisition and sale of specialty coatings manufacturer
- Dividend recapitalization
- Numerous private financings under SEC Rule 506
- Purchase of industrial properties in Pomona, California totaling 23,000 square feet
- Leases of restaurant space in Beverly Hills and downtown Los Angeles
- Ongoing advice and counsel to various start-up and successful private companies
- Ongoing advice to various public corporations regarding compliance issues arising under federal securities laws, including periodic reporting requirements of Securities Exchange Act of 1934, FINRA, and compliance with NASDAQ and NYSE requirements
- TroyGould Represents Sigma Labs in $5.8 Million Public Offering of Common Stock and Warrants; Uplisting to The NASDAQ Capital Market