Sherry Davie’s practice primarily focuses on general corporate matters, venture capital finance, corporate restructuring and insolvency, executive compensation and advising a variety of start-up companies and new ventures. She also has extensive experience with advising growth and middle market companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, employment, real estate and government contracts.
Before joining TroyGould, Ms. Davaie worked as a transactional corporate attorney at a boutique law firm based in Los Angeles and as inhouse General Counsel to CMBG Advisors Inc., a consulting and restructuring company specializing in assignments for benefit of creditors and insolvency. She has remained as outside General Counsel for CMBG, where she oversees the various legal matters relating to each insolvent estate, negotiates asset sales and related transactions with various entities that include fortune 500 companies, international banks, and private equity firms. Ms. Davaie also uses her expertise in the field to advise other restructuring firms, trustees, distressed companies, creditors, and buyers of distressed assets.
- Sherry Davaie was named a Rising Star in 2020-2022 by Southern California Super Lawyers.
LanguagesSherry Davaie is fluent in Farsi.
- Represented both buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and asset sales across various industries including technology, retail, professional services, entertainment, social media and marketing, and food and beverage.
- Served as outside counsel to a variety of startup and middle market companies across various industries including technology, retail, professional services, entertainment, social media and marketing, apparel, automotive, cannabis, and food and beverage.
- Provided counsel to a number of corporations and limited liability companies in a wide range of industries on corporate matters, including formation, employment, intellectual property, executive compensation, employee equity and option plans, financing, real estate leases, government contracts, as well as contracts with vendors, customers and other third parties.
- Represented companies and investors in various financing transactions, including multiple series of preferred, secured or unsecured debt, convertible notes, and SAFEs, whether in venture capital, friends and family or other types of investor rounds.
- Advised clients and reviewed a number of transactions relating to cryptocurrency, Initial Coin Offerings, tokens, SAFTs and NFTs.
- Successfully led, structured, drafted, negotiated, and closed numerous complex asset sales of distressed and insolvent estates, including numerous multi-million dollar deals, and including transactions involving NASA, fortune 500 companies, national and international banks, venture capital firms, and private equity companies.
- Managed and led the various legal matters involving the restructuring and insolvency of companies in a variety of industries, by settling various pending litigation, negotiating with creditors, landlords, and other involved parties, and analyzing and advising on various regulatory and industry-specific matters, as applicable.
- Helped lead the administration of an insolvent estate with over $70 million in secured and unsecured debt, the sale of its assets in a multi-million dollar transaction involving multiple parties and several locations nationwide, and managed the various legal and regulatory matters relating to the estate.
- Reviewed and advised clients on intellectual property contracts, including SaaS agreements, Licensing Agreements, Software Development and Maintenance Agreements.
- Represented clients in the purchase, sale, lease, and investment in commercial and residential real estate transactions.