The corporate and securities attorneys who make up our life sciences practice group are highly experienced in all aspects of the corporate organization and governance, financing, and specialized contractual needs of our clients in the life sciences industry. We have been representing life science companies for more than 30 years and have one of the largest corporate-based life sciences practices in Southern California.
Our clients include public and private pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies, medical centers holding life science technology, and senior executives in the life sciences industry. Through their involvement in founding or serving as officers or directors of a number of successful life sciences companies, our lawyers also have extensive practical experience in the unique management issues and business risks faced by life sciences companies from the start-up and development stages to commercialization and launch of approved products.
With our broad industry experience, we are able to function as an adjunct to clients with existing in-house corporate counsel for specific needs or in a highly cost-effective manner as outside general counsel.
Our life sciences practice includes:
- Licensing, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
- Sponsored research agreements, research and development agreements, clinical trial agreements, and master contract services agreements.
- Commercial manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Distribution agreements.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Public and private equity and debt offerings, loan transactions, and other financing transactions.
- Securities regulation and corporate governance.
- Employment, consulting, and scientific advisory board agreements.
Representative matters we have handled include the following:
- Represented public veterinary biopharmaceutical company in clinical trial agreements, sponsored research agreements, and master services agreements relating to multiple clinical trials of its product candidates.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in out-license of rights in India to its lead product candidate.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in acquisition of U.S. rights to FDA-approved drug and commercial launch in the U.S.
- Represented public biopharmaceutical company in its stock-for-stock merger acquisition of publicly held biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented public biopharmaceutical development-stage company in underwritten public offering of $19.4 million of common stock and warrants.
- Represented start-up nutraceuticals company in connection with its formation and initial private placement of common stock.
- Represented public biopharmaceutical company in its SEC-registered partial spin-off and initial funding of spin-off company by private biotech investment funds.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in connection with its $24.25 million underwritten public offering.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in out-license of molecular chaperone technology to a Danish company.
- Represented private development-stage cosmeceuticals company in a private placement of common stock to raise growth capital.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in connection with the registration for resale of shares issued in its merger acquisition of private research and development company.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in out-license of rights in Israel to its lead product candidate.
- Represented start-up biotechnology company in connection with its organization, initial financing, and acquisition of technology and other assets.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in connection with the purchase and redemption of shares of Nasdaq-listed biopharmaceutical company in conjunction with a concurrent $16.2 million registered direct public offering of securities by the company.
- Represented public commercial biopharmaceutical company in connection with a novel spin-off of university licenses, patents, patent applications and related IP in a transaction registered with the SEC.
- Represented numerous public and private companies in in-licensing of rights to practice under university patents and other IP.
- Represented medical device company in exclusive worldwide distribution agreement with a “big pharma” company.
- Represented public biopharmaceutical company in in-licensing of cancer therapy technology from a leading Los Angeles cancer research hospital.
- TroyGould Represents Lixte Biotechnology Holdings, Inc. in Public Offering of Common Stock and Warrants