Amy L. Nashon
Ms. Nashon is a highly capable trial lawyer with nearly two decades of practical legal experience. Her persistence, creativity, and ability to connect on a personal level have paved the way for the negotiation and settlement of even the most complicated cases. Ms. Nashon specializes in all aspects of private aircraft ownership and leasing, and as a litigator, she handles a wide variety of litigation matters, including in the business, entertainment, commercial real estate, aviation and probate arenas. She holds a Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from the renowned Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution and is committed to problem-solving for clients inside and outside of the courtroom. Ms. Nashon is fluent in Spanish and conversational in Hebrew and is an experienced martial artist and horseback rider.
Before joining TroyGould, Ms. Nashon was an Attorney for the Boesch Law Group. Prior to that, she worked at Jackson & Wallace, K&L Gates, and Lynch & Blum.
Accolades & Affiliations
Member of the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA); Member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA); Member of the Editorial Board of L.A. Lawyer Magazine; Member of the Board of Directors of the Century City Chamber of Commerce.
Member of the American Bar Association, Santa Monica Bar Association, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, and Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
Former Member, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society (2016-2018); Former Fellow, Israel Diplomatic Fellowship (2009-2010); Former Faculty Member, Lorman Education Services (2007); Former Pro Bono Chairperson, Alaska Association of Paralegals (2006)
- Negotiated and handled the purchase and sale of numerous personal and business aircraft and the acquisition of several aviation companies.
- Obtained terminating sanctions in excess of $7 million in a dispute over ownership interests in an aviation company.
- Counseled startups in the aviation and aerospace industries and assisted with corporate formation and development.
- Obtained judgment against aviation broker for misrepresentations made during the sale of a private jet.
- Secured dismissal of all claims by disgruntled franchisees brought against franchisor of national restaurant chain.
- Represented a major restaurant group in the sale of their flagship restaurant, including in successful litigation against the landlord who sought to obstruct the sale.
- Represented a major U.S. distributor in litigation against foreign manufacturers in breach of contract case, overturning an adverse federal court judgment and ultimately securing a substantial seven figure settlement.
- Defended prominent actor in litigation brought by talent manager and achieved a favorable settlement.
- Successfully resolved dispute between international designer and major hotel chain for installation of lighting display at luxury resort in Puerto Rico.
- Achieved multi-party settlement of dispute between heirs, trustees, and Attorney General in litigation over estate in excess of $150 million.
- Secured multi-million-dollar settlement of catastrophic injury claims against major German automobile manufacturer.
- Author, "Practice Tips, Talent Agency Act Jurisdictional Issues," Los Angeles Lawyer, May 2022