Tom Li is an associate in TroyGould’s Corporate Department. His practice focuses on providing corporate and securities counsel to his clients, which range from newly formed startups to public companies in the technology, media, and life science industries. He represents private companies and investors through all stages of growth including formation, equity financings, equity compensation, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and as outside general counsel. Tom regularly advises private and public companies on their commercial agreements including master service agreements, supply agreements, software license agreements, and SaaS agreements. Tom also represents public companies in securities law issues including ’33 Act, ’34 Act, and Nasdaq rules and regulations.
In law school, Tom served as a judicial extern to the Hon. Richard M. Neiter of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
Tom is conversationally fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Represented life science venture capital fund in its preferred stock financings of multiple life science companies as the lead investor.
- Represented venture capital fund in its convertible equity and preferred stock financings of multiple deep technology software and hardware companies, and its participation and governance in subsequent rounds of financings.
- Represented high-growth startups in a wide range of venture capital and private equity transactions, ranging from seed stage convertible equity through successive rounds of preferred stock financings.
- Represented software companies in master services, licensing, and software-as-a-service agreements.
- Represented multiple manufacturers in their cross-border supply, distribution, and reseller agreements.