Tom Li is an associate in TroyGould’s Corporate Department. His practice focuses on providing corporate and securities counsel to emerging growth companies and venture capital funds in the technology, media, and life science industries. He represents clients in a diverse set of matters, including their initial formation, corporate governance, venture capital financings, and commercial agreements.
In law school, Mr. Li served as a judicial extern to the Hon. Richard M. Neiter of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Li is conversationally fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Represented life science venture capital fund in its preferred stock financings of multiple life science companies as the lead investor.
- Represented venture capital fund in its convertible equity and preferred stock financings of multiple deep technology software and hardware companies, and its participation and governance in subsequent rounds of financings.
- Represented high-growth startups in a wide range of venture capital and private equity transactions, ranging from seed stage convertible equity through successive rounds of preferred stock financings.
- Represented software companies in master services, licensing, and software-as-a-service agreements.
- Represented multiple manufacturers in their cross-border supply, distribution, and reseller agreements.