Our real estate practice covers both real estate related transactions and disputes involving real estate issues. When you have a need related to the business of or issues relating to real estate, we can satisfy that need and assist you in achieving your desired results.
Whether you are buying, selling, developing or leasing, whether it’s a short-term commitment or a long-term project, we can assist you during every step of the process and will explain all of the issues as well as point out where the unexpected risks may arise. We advise you as to whether we think the terms of the proposed transaction make sense for your needs, expectations and the market conditions at the time.
We will advocate for the terms that are most important to your investment and business goals. Whether you are pursuing the development or a new factory or warehouse or leasing space, or pursing a specialized use (such as medical or lab space), we make sure you understand the deal, the provisions and risks, and do our best to help you avoid those unexpected surprises.
When you get into a dispute involving real estate you need a trusted advisor to counsel you through the complexities of arbitration, litigation and settlement strategies. We prosecute and defend all matters of claims related to real estate. We are there to guide and counsel you through all the various stages of dispute resolution. These matters involve purchase and sale agreements, option agreements, partnership and joint venture related disputes, real estate secured financing matters, broker, finder, and escrow agreements, title insurance claims and neighbor disputes. We also handle landlord-tenant, homeowner and other common interest associations, construction defect and insurance claims and disputes.
- We have represented both sellers and purchasers in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing of individual parcels and portfolios of commercial, industrial, hotel, hospital and residential properties.
- We have successfully represented real estate investors in a major fraud action against sellers of real estate related investments and in malpractice actions against the investors’ former attorneys.
- We have represented landowners and developers in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of joint ventures between them and with municipalities to produce multi-family, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- We have successfully represented individual and groups of owners who were in disputes with their condominium building and shopping center associations.
- We have represented landlords and tenants in all classifications of commercial, office and industrial leasing matters.
- We have successfully represented both sellers and buyers of residential property in connection with claims alleging a failure to make full and adequate disclosures regarding the geological, drainage, construction defect and other material issues at the property.
- We have successfully represented both owners and tenants in structuring, negotiating, documenting and resolving disputes related to construction contracts and related matters.
- We have assisted financial institutions and investor groups in the sale and purchase, respectively, of distressed real estate secured loans.