Real Estate Transactions
Real estate transactions can be very complicated. We make your acquisition, sale, loan, development, construction project or lease move forward more smoothly. We explain the issues, your potential obligations and the terms of the proposed agreements, clearly and concisely. We counsel you as to the best negotiating strategy to achieve your goals and use our experienced drafting techniques to memorialize your agreements.
We draft and negotiate purchase and sale, joint venture, partnership, development and construction agreements, leases and loan documents. Our goal is to move your project forward while providing you with needed protections and avoiding those unforeseen pitfalls. We will represent your interests in explaining and negotiating those lengthy (and often times tricky) real estate loan documents making sure you understand all of your obligations.
We have valuable relationships with escrow companies, title companies, brokers and investment counselors and accommodators who handle tax-deferred exchanges. We work with professionals and other specialists who provide sophisticated assistance in real estate projects, including engineers, surveyors, land use expeditors, environmental specialists, and inspection consultants who can work with governmental agencies and licensing authorities to speed up your project.
Whether you are buying, selling, or leasing, borrowing or developing, making new investments or trying to salvage one that did not work out as expected, we quickly and efficiently provide direct and straightforward counsel and advice from highly experienced attorneys, so that you can continue to focus on the business of your business.
Representative transactional matters we have handled include the following:
- We have represented both sellers and purchasers in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing of individual and portfolios of commercial, industrial, hotel, hospital and residential properties.
- We have structured, negotiated and documented of joint ventures between land owners and developers to produce multi-family, residential, commercial and industrial projects and have done the same with municipalities to arrive at negotiated zoning and subdivision agreements.
- We have represented both landlords and tenants with respect to all types of commercial, retail, office and industrial property matters whether in the development stage, space or ground leasing or resolving disagreements, disputes or terminations.
- We represent both owners and tenants in connection with real estate construction contacts and in dispute resolution of construction contracts.
- We have represented financial institutions and investor groups in the packaging, securitization and sale of both conforming and distressed loan portfolios.
- We have also successfully represented owners and tenants in the resolution of title and water loss claims with their insurers.
- February 2014: New CA Law Requires Contractors to Replace Old Plumbing Fixtures with Water Conservation Models
- February 2014: Good Fences Make Good Neighbors
- October 2013: NY Court Enforces Bankruptcy “Carve-Out” Guaranty on a Non-Recourse Real Estate Loan
- September 2013: HOA Delinquent Assessment Liens Best Handled by Experts
- August 2013: Non-Residential Building Owners Now Required to Disclose Energy Star® Performance Ratings
- October 2010: Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment (SNDA): What does it mean? Why do tenants care?
- December 2009: Tax Alert For Corporations, Partnerships and LLCs Owning Real Property in California
- November 2009: NOL Carrybacks Extended to Five Years
- December 2007: Partial Guarantees
- September 2012 Rent Commencement and Construction
- April 2011 Lease Exit Strategy Subleases
- October 2010 Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment (SNDA): What does it mean? Why do tenants care?