Jennifer C. Wang
Jennifer Wang's practice focuses on helping clients achieve successful results in complex business disputes. This includes handling unfair competition, securities fraud, and real estate litigation, as well as advising clients about their employment and trade secret concerns.
Before joining TroyGould, Ms. Wang defended real estate professionals and attorneys in professional liability actions at Thompson Coe’s Los Angeles office. Ms. Wang graduated from UC Davis phi beta kappa, with a BA in French and Political Science, and she received her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law.
Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Represented a business owner in freight-forwarding industry against trade secret claims brought by key employee’s former employer.
- Represented Canadian company sued in internet dispute and obtained walk-away settlement after prevailing on a motion to quash for lack of jurisdiction.
- Represented pet food company in defense of action alleging product mislabeling and false advertising.
- Advised author regarding protection of personal intellectual property.
- Advised cosmeceutical company regarding unfair competition concerns.
Partnership and Investor Disputes
- Represented investor defrauded in decades-long scam by his investment advisor; obtained a verdict of $20.3 million for the investor after a five-week jury trial.
- Represented individuals claiming that family members mismanaged and misappropriated family owned assets.
- Represented entity that lost approximately $6 million in fraudulent life settlement investments.
- Represented entity in breach of contract action arising from failed acquisition of fashion company.
Real Estate Disputes
- Represented commercial landlord in the food and beverage industry in easement litigation; obtained preliminary injunction against neighboring developer.
- Represented homeowner in quiet title action.
- Represented lessee in right-of-first refusal litigation.
- Represented homeowner in easement dispute with neighboring developer.
- Author, "Tips and Tricks for Protecting Your Recipes," Modern Restaurant Management, April 12, 2019
- Co-author, A Cautionary Tale Regarding Arbitration Agreements in Professional Liability Retainers, Corporate Live Wire Expert Guide, October 2014.
- Co-author, Will Riverside’s Dispensary Ban Pass Muster?, Los Angeles Daily Journal, April 12, 2013.
- “Protect Your Relationships and Assets: Understanding CA’s Non-Compete Laws”; General Assembly (September 18, 2019)
- “Why Do I Need To Worry About California’s Non-Compete Laws?” The Century City Chamber of Commerce (June 20, 2019) and Cal CPA, Los Angeles Chapter (July 19, 2019)