Jennifer C. Wang
Jennifer Wang's practice focuses on helping clients achieve successful results in complex business disputes. This includes handling unfair competition, securities fraud, and real estate litigation, as well as advising clients about their employment and trade secret concerns.
Before joining TroyGould, Ms. Wang defended real estate professionals and attorneys in professional liability actions at Thompson Coe’s Los Angeles office. Ms. Wang graduated from UC Davis phi beta kappa, with a BA in French and Political Science, and she received her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law.
- Defense of commercial real estate firm in action brought by educational institution alleging misrepresentation in the lease of an Orange County office building. Result: Favorable settlement for the clients.
- Defense of wrongful foreclosure and violation of bankruptcy stay allegations against law firm. Result: Order granting defendant’s motion to dismiss with prejudice.
- Defense of professional liability action involving underlying bankruptcy and personal injury issues. Result: Defense verdict following a jury trial.
- Defense of law firm in arbitration arising from dissolution action and involving allocation of community property assets, including a multi-million dollar family-owned business. Result: Defense verdict and full vindication of the client.
- Defense of claims brought against law firm relating to an underlying premises liability action. Result: Order granting defendants’ motion for summary judgment.
- Author, "Tips and Tricks for Protecting Your Recipes," Modern Restaurant Management, April 12, 2019
- Co-author, A Cautionary Tale Regarding Arbitration Agreements in Professional Liability Retainers, Corporate Live Wire Expert Guide, October 2014.
- Co-author, Will Riverside’s Dispensary Ban Pass Muster?, Los Angeles Daily Journal, April 12, 2013.
- “Why Do I Need To Worry About California’s Non-Compete Laws?” The Century City Chamber of Commerce (June 20, 2019) and Cal CPA, Los Angeles Chapter (July 19, 2019)