Jennifer C. Wang
Jennifer Wang is an associate in TroyGould’s Litigation Department. Ms. Wang has extensive experience in real estate litigation, including in actions alleging misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, and negligence relating to the management and leasing of commercial properties. She also has experience defending attorneys and insurance brokers in professional liability actions.
Ms. Wang has experience handling all aspects of litigation, from inception through trial, including arbitrations, mediations, depositions, development of case strategy, drafting motions for summary judgment, and other law and motion matters.
- Defense of commercial real estate firm in action brought by educational institution alleging misrepresentation in the lease of an Orange County office building. Result: Favorable settlement for the clients.
- Defense of wrongful foreclosure and violation of bankruptcy stay allegations against law firm. Result: Order granting defendant’s motion to dismiss with prejudice.
- Defense of professional liability action involving underlying bankruptcy and personal injury issues. Result: Defense verdict following a jury trial.
- Defense of law firm in arbitration arising from dissolution action and involving allocation of community property assets, including a multi-million dollar family-owned business. Result: Defense verdict and full vindication of the client.
- Defense of claims brought against law firm relating to an underlying premises liability action. Result: Order granting defendants’ motion for summary judgment.
- Co-author, A Cautionary Tale Regarding Arbitration Agreements in Professional Liability Retainers, Corporate Live Wire Expert Guide, October 2014.
- Co-author, Will Riverside’s Dispensary Ban Pass Muster?, Los Angeles Daily Journal, April 12, 2013.