William D. Gould
Mr. Gould regularly advises boards of directors of public companies, and he and other members of his firm authored a book titled Advising and Defending Corporate Directors and Officers. He has a great deal of experience in mergers and acquisitions involving private and public companies.
Mr. Gould has been active in all legal aspects of raising capital, both public and private. This includes venture capital and mezzanine financing, as well as registered public offerings of both debt and equity. In addition, he has extensive experience in workouts involving financially distressed companies and disputes between partners in business transactions.
Mr. Gould was named by The Best Lawyers in America as the “2012 Los Angeles Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year” and has been named a Best Lawyer for over 20 years. He is rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell, and has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer (2004–2014).
Professional ExperienceO’Melveny & Myers, Los Angeles (1963 1986; Partner 1970-1986).
Teaching ExperiencePracticing Law Institute, California Continuing Education of the Bar, Los Angeles County Bar Association, and UCLA Law School.
- Co-author, Chapter 2, “Practical Aspects of Becoming a Director and Avoiding Liability,” Chapter 6, “Distributions to Shareholders,” and Chapter 14, “The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002,” in Advising and Defending Corporate Directors and Officers, California Continuing Education of the Bar (1998, April 2007).
- Co-author, The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and its Aftermath, 18 CEB Cal Bus L Practitioner (Summer 2003)
- Co-author, “Corporate Scandals Brought Strict New Laws in 2002,” Case ‘n Point (California Continuing Education of the Bar newsletter), Issue V.4. (2003).
- Co-author, Chapter 5, “Mergers,” in Operating Problems of California Corporations (CEB, 1978) and co author of the annual supplements to that book.
- April 2007 Advising and Defending Corporate Officers and Directors