Michelle R. Ferber
Michelle Finkel Ferber is an employment and business lawyer, defending employers in actions involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour violations, and business torts. Ms. Ferber is a highly skilled trial attorney and regularly appears before various state and federal governmental agencies. Ms. Ferber has handled multitudes of class action wage and hour and Private Attorney General Act cases. Her experience also includes aggressively representing her clients in matters involving issues of trade secret and noncompete litigation. Her breadth of knowledge and experience includes the handling of litigated matters in both state and federal courts in California and throughout the country.
Ms. Ferber is a trial attorney and a business owner. As the founder and managing shareholder of Ferber Law, A Professional Corporation, she has the same obligations as her clients to understand and implement the latest employment policies and regulations and to retain her talented employees. She uses her knowledge and day to day experience to regularly advise clients on employment law issues in the workplace, including the proper handling of termination and discipline decisions, workplace accommodation issues, and leaves of absence. Ms. Ferber provides her clients with all the advice and litigation expertise they need to stay current and compliant in the ever-changing landscape of employment laws and regulations, while recognizing the balance of business realities and economics. Ms. Ferber’s trial experience and her handling of cases through verdict provides her with a unique perspective when advising her clients – helping them to avoid or minimize expensive litigation through tailored policies and practical advice. While in law school, Ms. Ferber served as an extern for the Honorable Arthur Alarcon of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. This experience was a starting point for her work in the appellate arena in both state and federal court. Her experience includes oral arguments before the California Court of Appeals, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Ferber has authored many appellate briefs and writs, resulting in both published and unpublished decisions and orders in favor of her clients. Ms. Ferber’s client base includes staffing companies, technology companies, restaurants, manufacturers, entertainment companies, medical and dental providers, trucking and moving companies, contractors, architects, attorneys, and non-profit organizations.
- Obtained a defense verdict after a three-week jury trial on behalf of a dentist accused of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and wrongful termination.
- Obtained a defense verdict after a one-week jury trial on behalf of a security company accused of false imprisonment and battery.
- Handled numerous arbitrations successfully on behalf of our clients.
- Successfully represented many clients in state and federal labor department audits, many resulting in findings of no or extremely limited violations.
- Successfully resolved an action involving claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty without the necessity of trial.
- Successfully resolved many unfair competition actions, including defeat of proposed injunctions designed to shut down our client’s business.
- Achieved favorable settlements on behalf of numerous clients after successful motion practice in compelling arbitration and winning motions for summary adjudication.
- Obtained favorable decisions from appellate courts, all of which either disposed of cases or assisted in settlements favorable to our client.
- Achieved summary adjudication in a wage and hour class action, preventing class members from pursuing claims for alleged meal and rest break violations. Many of these settlements are mutli-million dollar resolutions, achieved in the face of much higher demands.
- Resolved numerous wage and hour and PAGA class actions favorably to our clients because of favorable motion work prior to settlement.
- Represented numerous employers before all state and federal administrative agencies.