R. Joilene Wood
Ms. Wood provides corporate and securities counsel to start-up and middle-market companies, and represents issuers, underwriters and venture capitalists in public offerings, corporate governance and periodic reporting, mergers & acquisitions, and early to late-stage equity financings and debt issuances.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Wood was the founding General Counsel of Vaquero Capital LLC, a FINRA-registered broker dealer, where she established regulatory and compliance protocols and oversaw legal and operations matters. She also served as Vice President and the first legal officer at Seven Post Partners, an RIA, where she implemented and oversaw legal and compliance programs. Prior to that, Ms. Wood was a senior attorney at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto where she advised public and private technology companies, venture capital funds and investment banks on a wide variety of matters, including private equity and debt financings, public offerings, periodic reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, compliance with SEC, NYSE, and NASDAQ rules and regulations, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law matters. Ms. Wood began her legal career at Winstead in Houston, Texas representing lenders in private credit facilities and public municipal bond issuances.
Ms. Wood also has experience in charitable giving and non-profit management. She overhauled the Grants and Scholarship programs as the Program Director at the California Bar Foundation, and has served as a Board member and on the grant-making committees for several 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Submitted an appeal to CalTrans regarding its finding against a sub-contracting paving company revoking its DVBE-status, thus significantly impacting the company's ability to allow up-contractors to meet diversity bidding requirements.
- Represented several high-net worth entrepreneurs in establishing LLCs to manage investment properties.
- Represented a founder in the disposition of a specialized petroleum surfacing company.
- Represented a public pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a UK-based drug development company.
- Represented a Silicon Valley semiconductor company in preparation for, and launch of, its initial public offering.
- Represented the lead underwriter in the preparation for a public offering of an entertainment hardware producer.
- Worked as a senior attorney on complex emergence from bankruptcy and restructuring involving a secondary offering and issuance of secured notes for a public hard disk drive company.
- Oversaw multiple complex preferred stock financings and the eventual sale of a private enterprise software company to a large public CRM company.
- Provided counsel on a series of roll-up acquisitions and related Hart-Scott-Rodino filings.
- Represented a large bank in number tax-exempt bond issuances of city agencies and non-profit organizations.