We advise our corporate clients on a variety of intellectual property matters in the ordinary course of their businesses. These matters are particularly important to our clients in the entertainment, technology, and life sciences industries, but they affect nearly all companies.
IP issues also arise in connection with strategic transactions such as the decision to build or buy mission-critical software or engage in a merger, acquisition or corporate financing. Whatever the context, TroyGould can help you navigate IP matters and keep them in perspective.
Representative matters we have handled include the following:
- Represented purchasers of custom or customized software and systems.
- Advised various software companies.
- Advised acquirers and targets, alike, with respect to IP and IT issues in connection with M&A transactions.
- Prepared descriptions of IP and IT businesses and related risk factors for prospectuses and private placement memoranda in connection with corporate finance matters.
- Handled naming and trademark issues in connection with numerous M&A transactions in the life sciences and retail industries.
- Advised one of the nation’s largest all-natural beef producers with respect to branding, trademark, and trademark enforcement matters.
- Advised public and private company clients on website compliance, social media issues, and related “best practices.”