Tony D. Shin
Mr. Shin is a member of both the firm’s Litigation and Corporate Departments. His litigation practice is a broad-based one, including experience handling consumer class actions involving unfair competition, false advertising, privacy, and state consumer protection laws; employment disputes; insurance coverage disputes; and other general business litigation matters. His growing corporate practice focuses on providing corporate and securities counsel to a mix of emerging growth and middle-market companies as well as other general corporate and commercial matters.
Prior to joining TroyGould, Mr. Shin served as in-house counsel at Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. in Seoul, Korea, where he handled and oversaw commercial litigation for Samsung worldwide, with a focus on consumer class actions, commercial business disputes, government investigations and international arbitrations. He also regularly advised senior executive management and business units on day-to-day legal issues, business risks and compliance.
Mr. Shin is fluent in Korean.
- Representation of emerging growth and middle-market companies in corporate formation and restructuring matters, including providing counsel on federal and state securities issues
- Representation of global electronics company in wide range of litigation matters, including consumer class actions involving unfair competition, false advertising, privacy, and violation of state consumer protection laws; licensing disputes; False Claims Act litigation; employment disputes; and product liability
- Representation of global electronics company in international arbitrations involving disputes over licensing agreements and supply/distributor agreements
- Representation of numerous insurance companies as coverage counsel in environmental remediation and construction litigation
- Representation of numerous retail companies in premises liability matters
- Counsel to numerous insurance companies on complex insurance coverage matters
- TroyGould Advises Haitong International in its $190 Million Acquisition of Obagi Skincare Products Business