Peter R. Hurm
Peter R. Hurm is a strategic consultant and legal advisor to companies and the people who run them. He is a member and corporate transactional attorney with TroyGould where his practice focuses on the representation of publicly traded and privately held companies in the areas of corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, regulatory matters, and general corporate representation across a wide range of industries, including technology (software, internet, biotech), entertainment, consumer goods, automotive, and manufacturing.
Mr. Hurm acts as outside corporate counsel to companies and advises them on their ongoing business operations, as well as structures and negotiates corporate transactions for every phase of a company’s life cycle for early stage, middle market, and multinational corporations. In the mergers & acquisitions arena, Mr. Hurm advises on both strategic corporate and private equity transactions. In addition to corporate representation, Mr. Hurm also advises on individual business matters for corporate executives, entrepreneurs, entertainment celebrities, and professional athletes.
Prior to TroyGould, Mr. Hurm practiced law with firms in both Northern and Southern California, including Washington D.C. based Arent Fox LLP, an Am Law 200 law firm. Mr. Hurm began his professional career in the corporate tax transactions department of former international “Big Five” accounting and business consulting firm Arthur Andersen LLP. While at Arthur Andersen, he advised clients on a wide variety of complex tax transactional matters, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, corporate restructurings, and multi-jurisdictional tax planning.
- Advised software telecommunications company in its sale to an industry competitor and hedge fund sponsor.
- Advised enterprise construction software company in its acquisition of industry competitor.
- Advised executive management in the management buyout and acquisition of entertainment film production payroll service and software solutions company utilizing an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
- Advised multinational, NASDAQ listed company in its disposition of distressed tech food delivery subsidiary.
- Advised aftermarket auto parts manufacturer in connection with its sale to an international private equity firm.
- Advised international automotive dealership group in its acquisition of multiple automotive dealerships in California.
- Advised international golf corporation in its acquisition of golf club components manufacturer.
- Advised outdoor sign manufacturer in the distressed acquisition of an industry competitor.
- Advised financial products and specialty insurance brokerage in its sale to a leading private equity firm in connection with a nationwide roll-up.
- Numerous other equity and debt financings, buy-side and sell-side mergers & acquisitions, and complex business transactions across a range of industries.