Michael Huseby is an associate in TroyGould’s Corporate Department. His practice focuses on providing intellectual property, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate and securities counsel to companies in a variety of industries.
Prior to joining to TroyGould, Mr. Huseby worked in the Technology Transactions department at Latham & Watkins, LLP. In law school, he worked at Viacom, Inc., was an editor of the Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts, and volunteered at Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
Mr. Huseby guest lectured on music law at Hussian College (formerly Studio School) in Los Angeles. He also served as a teaching assistant for Property and Arts Law at Columbia Law School.
Mr. Huseby spent time living in Colombia and is conversationally proficient in Spanish.
- Counseled a technology company in its $1.1 billion sale to Amazon.com, Inc.
- Counseled a company in the food and consumer goods sector in connection with inbound licensing of intellectual property from companies in the entertainment and food services sectors.
- Counseled a fund in the healthcare company in matters related to fund formation and sponsored research agreements.
- Counseled a company in the entertainment and gaming sector in a private placement of $900 million in notes.
- Counseled a company in the medical devices sector in connection with customer and reseller agreements.
- Counseled a company in the clean energy sector with SEC compliance.
- Counseled a major social media company in connection with its $170 million cross-border acquisition of a Chinese technology company.
- Counseled companies in various industries in connection with compliance with privacy and security requirements, including drafting terms of service and privacy policies.