Kenneth R. Blumer
Real estate is the primary focus of Mr. Blumer’s law practice. This specialization includes the representation of major lending institutions in all facets of real estate financing and workout activities, as well as other clients in the acquisition, development, and joint ventures of real estate projects. In addition, Mr. Blumer represents real estate developers and joint venturers in the acquisition, planning, development, and financing of residential, commercial, and industrial projects, as well as other real estate investors in the acquisition, leasing, sale and financing of their projects.
Mr. Blumer is rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected as one of Los Angeles’ Super Lawyers.
Partner, Loeb and Loeb, Los Angeles (1972-1981).
Senior Vice President, First City Development Corp. (1981-1984).
Legal Liaison to Far West Financial Corporation (1981-1984).
- Both seller and purchaser representation in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing of individual and portfolios of commercial, industrial and hotel properties
- Structuring, negotiation and documentation of joint ventures between land owners and developers to produce multi-family, residential, commercial and industrial projects
- Landlord and tenant representation in all classifications of commercial and industrial leasing matters
- Owner and tenant representation in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and dispute resolution of construction contracts
- Negotiation and documentation of sophisticated real estate-based loan transactions for both borrowers and lenders
- Packaging, sale and/or securitization of large loan portfolios
- Restructuring and the purchase and sale of individual and portfolios of classified loans
- Dispute resolution of title policy, water loss and environmental claims