Dietrick L. Miller
Dietrick Miller is an attorney in the firm’s Corporate Department. His practice includes securities law, initial public offerings, cross-border transactions, general corporate law and governance and regulatory compliance. Dietrick also provides expertise in commercial contracts and regularly advises on business-critical national and international commercial transactions, among them sales, agency and distribution, joint ventures and collaborations, manufacturing, logistics, and licensing arrangements. Dietrick routinely serves as an advisor to executive management and counsels public and private companies in the U.S. as well as a number of foreign companies in the life sciences, software as a service, and other technology industries.
In addition to serving as a law clerk in the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in Washington, D.C., Dietrick has provided business and legal risk assessment of complex rail transportation maintenance proposals for Siemens Industry, Inc. Prior to law school, he negotiated and managed international contracts with commercial and military end-users throughout the Asia Pacific Region, and has performed cradle-to grave-export compliance under both ITAR and EAR for a wide range of aerospace aftermarket hardware and components.
Dietrick speaks, reads, and writes Mandarin Chinese.
Merger and Acquisitions
- Sale of company that provides wedding and event services at a facilities throughout California to a private equity fund
- Sale of food safety auditing company to Underwriter Laboratories
- Consolidation and merger of a Sweden-based video messaging service company and its foreign subsidiaries into a U.S. holding company
Securities and Financing
- Initial public offering and follow-on offering for pet biopharmaceutical company
- PIPE offering and related S-1 registration statement for an emerging biotechnology company
- Underwritten public offering for an oil and gas company and related uplisting to NYSE Market from the OTCB
- Ongoing advice and counsel to public companies regarding Exchange Act reporting, FINRA reporting and corporate actions, and NYSE and NASDAQ compliance
- Numerous Rule 506 venture capital and private equity financings
- Co-author, Chapter 3, “Choosing the Appropriate Business Entity,” in Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, 3rd Edition January 2016, California Continuing Education of the Bar (2016).
- Co-author, Chapter 3, “Choosing the Appropriate Business Entity,” in Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, 3rd Edition, California Continuing Education of the Bar (2014).
- Drafting Considerations under RULLCA
- April 2014: Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, 3rd Ed.
- TroyGould Advises Haitong International in its $190 Million Acquisition of Obagi Skincare Products Business